Pages

Society 6 Shop

Society 6 Shop

Friday, October 23, 2020

Update and Paint Party Friday

 So I haven't painted much this year and I can't believe it is almost over.  I am working on a couple boxes 1 of them actually commissioned the other 2 just my wacky inspirations.  

I thought would share on commission. It is a work in progress... 



This is a box for a former marine. I decided to paint his portrait on the top of the box. Probably the smallest portrait I have ever done. Took me a couple tries to be happy with. 





The person who ordered the box wanted me to incorporated messages like "Thank you for your service!", "You're My Favorite Marine!" and "You'll Always be My Hero!"
So I had some little miniatures and decided to make them holding posters with the messages. 



I still have more to paint on the inside. I am going to paint the marine's flag inside the top. I then have to seal and gloss the top and bottom. Oh, add another miniature in the front. 

I linked this with Paint Party Friday.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, great idea to put it on the lid. Have a good weekend, stay safe! Valerie

sirkkis said...

A creative lid, indeed. Well done.
Happy weekend xx

Maria Medeiros said...

That’s a lovely box. Very beautiful! Have a lovely weekend.

DVArtist said...

This is truly a wonderful piece of art. Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

This is a wonderful idea, your WIP is beautiful.

NatureFootstep said...

that box looks great :)

re my balloon art. mak a search on my blog and you find a few that shows how to do it. Or search youtube.
https://naturefootstep.blogspot.com/search?q=balloon

Rain said...

How wonderful! I love the idea of the box, and your creativity will be well appreciated! :)

Tarang Sinha said...

Your WiP is really good. And it's a lovely idea.

Linda Kunsman said...

really wonderful portrait painting. Happy PPF!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The box looks great.Thanks for your visit and comments to my blog.

carol l mckenna said...

this awesome and so well done and creative ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

p.s. Had death in family so am way behind in returning comments.